Chickasaw County, Iowa General Practice Lawyers
Realistic Representation in Northeast Iowa
Your life is not like a made-for-TV movie or an episode of a courtroom reality show. When the law firm of Kennedy & Kennedy takes a case, our clients work directly with brothers Mike Kennedy or Kevin Kennedy. We prepare them for a wide range of outcomes for their cases and the reality of what the other side may say or do.
Our Chickasaw County, Iowa, general practice attorneys handle:
- Litigation: We represent clients in court for family law cases, auto accidents, dram shops, and construction law cases (contract disputes).
- Family Law: Our practice represents clients involved in divorce, child custody, child support, property settlements, paternity and adoptions.
- Municipal Law: We are the part-time city attorney in New Hampton, Iowa.
- Criminal Law: We represent clients in sexual assault, theft, burglaries, drug possession and OWI cases.
- Social Security: Our range of services covers Social Security Disability, appealing denied claims and supplemental income cases.
- Business Law: We represent local businesses in entity creation, sale of businesses and acquisitions. We also represent employees and employers in unemployment cases.
- Estate planning and probate: We handle wills, trusts, probate, estate planning, Medicaid planning and power of attorney.
- Real Estate: We represent sellers and buyers and do title work. We are approved on the Iowa title guarantee list of attorneys for foreclosures, buyer/seller disputes and boundary disputes.
Fayette County Medicaid Planning Attorneys
It doesn’t matter if we are handling your last will and testament, Medicaid planning or criminal case — the lawyers at Kennedy & Kennedy consistently provide experienced and fair services to residents in Chickasaw County, Fayette County, Howard County and all of northeast Iowa.
We are proud of our high level of personalized services that started when our father first opened this law practice in 1939. Mike and Kevin Kennedy followed their father’s path: Mike has been practicing since 1968 and Kevin since 1973.
We have spent our careers representing fellow Iowans and are honored to take care of their legal needs. We are devoted to the small-town values we have known all our lives and carry those through in our law practice.
Contact us by filling out the form on this website, or calling 641-394-5173 for an appointment Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at our New Hampton, Iowa, office. Weekend and evening appointments are available, upon request.